Things that are Not Awesome
- Spending 3 hours making a curry dish.
- Smelling like the curry you spent half the day making.
- Going to hot yoga only to smell the curry the whole ding dang time. Gross.
- Having said curry be good, but not nearly good enough to justify spending 3 stinking hours making it.
- Clogging your garbage disposal.
Just another day in the life of Jill...
Things that ARE Awesome
- FIXING your clogged garbage disposal. Hheeeyyyaaaa (upward fist movement)!!! That was for you Taylor. Are you proud, Dad? Are ya?!?
- The Sing Off... at least I could watch this while making the ding dang curry. Please watch the follow clip. It'll knock ya friggin socks aff. Goosebumps, Yo, goosebumps. [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6YlmEVyGrE]
- Sara Bareilles: she's a new judge on The Sing Off, and she's adorable. She reminds me of someone I know, but I can't figure out who it is...
- Making up your own soup recipe for it to turn out amazingly! Boom!
I'm all about the sound effects today.
Let's chat about this awesome soup, because I'm pretty proud of it... it's like my food baby, but not in the traditional sense of a food baby (aka: over eating to the point where you see your food and it looks like you're going to have a baby).
This is how it goes: you take squash, carrots, onion, broth, cheese, a little nutmeg, and plenty of cracked peppa on top, and it's like heaven in a bowl. BAM!
Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
But in all seriousness.... nope, no seriousness today. HEEYYYAAA!! BOOOOOMMM! BAAAMMMMM! It's awesome! Go eat it!
Squash and Cheddar Soup
- 2 medium Onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 4 cups of peeled and chopped Squash (I used 2 Delicata Squash, but use what you have or like!)
- Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 quarts Vegetable Broth
- 8 ounces White Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon English Mustard
- Dash of Nutmeg
- Tons of Freshly Cracked Pepper